Each business or entity, including those that have been designated as essential under Empire State Development’s Essential Business Guidance, must develop a written Safety Plan outlining how its workplace will prevent the spread of COVID-19. A business may fill out this template to fulfill the requirement, or may develop its own Safety Plan. This plan does not need to be submitted to a state agency for approval but must be retained on the premises of the business and must made available to the New York State Department of Health (DOH) or local health or safety authorities in the event of an inspection.
- Regional Monitoring Dashboard
a. Businesses in each region will reopen in phases. In order to reopen, each region needs to meet seven criteria. You can see how each region is doing with these metrics on the Regional Monitoring Dashboard.
- NY Forward is Governor Cuomo’s plan to reopen New York State. This plan contains information on the metrics for reopening, business resources, and more.
- Each business or entity, including those that have been designated as essential under Empire State Development’s Essential Business Guidance, must develop a written Safety Plan outlining how its workplace will prevent the spread of COVID-19. Business Re-opening Safety Plan Template
- The Governor has outlined industry guidelines for reopening which must be followed.
- After reading these guideline you must sign the Business Affirmation.
- Businesses in each region will be able to re-open in phases. Re-opening refers to non-essential businesses and business activities. Essential businesses and business activities that are open, will be able to remain open. Eligibility for reopening will be determined by health metrics for each region. The New York Forward reopening lookup tool will help you determine whether or not your business is eligible to reopen, and the public health and safety standards with which your business must comply.
Phase 3 Information:
- The Mid-Hudson region began phase 3 of reopening on June 23rd
- Phase 3 includes guidelines for food services and non-hair-related personal care businesses and services, including tattoo and piercing facilities, appearance enhancement practitioners, massage therapy, spas, cosmetology, nail specialty, UV and non-UV tanning, or waxing.
- Phase 3 also allows for gatherings of up to 25 people.
- If you are an employer included in phase 3, you must take the following steps:
- Go to the New York Forward website.
- Click on “Phase Three Guidance.”
- Select your industry by scrolling down on the left side navigation
- Click on and read “View Summary Guidelines” for your industry.
- Click on and read “Read and Affirm the Detailed Guidelines” for your industry, and then click the link at the bottom of the page (or here) to complete the form and hit submit.
- Click on “Print Business Safety Plan Template” for your industry, and then print and fill out the template, and keep on file at your place of business.
- Implement the Safety Plan.
Phase 4 Information:
- Phase 4 Guidelines
- Phase 4 includes guidelines for:
- higher education institutions
- low-risk outdoor arts & entertainment, which includes outdoor zoos, botanical gardens, nature parks, grounds of historic sites and cultural institutions, outdoor museums, outdoor agritourism, local agricultural demonstrations and exhibitions; and other similar institutions/activities
- low-risk indoor arts & entertainment, which includes indoor museums, historical sites, aquariums, and other related institutions
- media production
- Regions in phase 4 will be permitted to hold social gatherings of up to 50 people; and indoor religious gatherings will be allowed at up to 33% of the indoor site’s capacity.
Orange County Crisis Hotline: 800-832-1200
(useful for food service, mental health, and most other crisis needs)
Senior Food Concerns: 845-615-3700
Business Concerns: 845-360-0231
Employment Concerns: 845-615-3629
Consumer Affairs: 845-360-6700
(price gouging concerns)
OC Government/Volunteer Hotline: 845-291-4000
Orange County COVID-19 Hotline (open 9-5): 845-291-2330
New York State COVID-19 24hr Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
Childcare Council: 845-294-4012