The Young Professionals group gathered for their monthly breakfast meeting on Friday, April 12, 2019.
James Danella of Media Vision Advertising shared his advice for crafting the perfect elevator pitch. “You’re not going to close a deal in 60 seconds, but you can plant a seed and open the door to a bigger conversation,” said Danella.
During the meeting, Danella reviewed his top 5 tips for crafting a pitch that will deliver results in detail with attendees. At a glance, those tips are:
- Identify your goal or objective. What outcome are you seeking?
- Explain what you do and remember to show VALUE.
- Communicate your USP: Unique Selling Proposition. What’s the one thing that sets you apart from the rest
- Engage your audience with a leading question that drives further conversation.
- Write your pitch down. Keep a copy of it on your phone. Review it and revise it from time to time.
“This was the first Young Professionals meeting that I attended and I plan to come back,” shared attendee Nicole Tompkins of Orange Bank & Trust Company. “James delivered an engaging presentation that provided valuable insights for building relationships and constructing an enticing elevator speech. You’re the Boss Catering hosted a delicious breakfast in a comfortable setting that was both welcoming and professional. Kudos to the Young Professionals of Orange County for putting together a great meeting!”
A special thank you to Erin Pascal, owner of You’re the Boss Wedding & Events, who graciously hosted the Young Professionals and prepared an outstanding breakfast for attendees to enjoy.
Another special thanks goes to Empire State Bank, proud sponsor of Orange County Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professionals organization.
Young Professionals meet the second Monday of every month from 9-10 AM. For more information on upcoming YP events or to join the group, please contact Catherine Lewis at email@example.com or 845-294-1700.